WHO: 1510 cases in Congo ebola outbreak

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

Close

(3 May 2019) The World Health Organisation said Friday that Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo stood at 1,510, including 994 deaths.
The WHO added that DRCongo should exceed the grim milestone of 1,000 deaths from Ebola later on Friday.
  
Michael Ryan, WHO’s emergencies chief, made the announcement at a news conference in Geneva.
  
The Ebola outbreak that was declared in eastern Congo in August is already the second deadliest outbreak in history, and efforts to control it have been complicated by a volatile security situation and deep community mistrust.
  
Ebola treatment centres have come under repeated attack, and a Cameroonian epidemiologist working with WHO was killed last month.
  
Ryan says another attempted attack was made on the treatment centre in Butembo city on Thursday but was repelled by security personnel. No one was injured.

Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_Archive
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APArchives
Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/102011028589719587178/+APArchive​
Tumblr: https://aparchives.tumblr.com/​​
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/APNews/

You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/2a6d3077f5ee56b3a7494ee9c91ef262

Comments

Keith Kinchen says:

Something stinks here. There monitoring for it at the US/Mexican Border

Paddy Hickman says:

News conference?! There’s about 5 people in the room!

Write a comment

*